Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wear Your Heart on Your Skin

One of my favorite quotes comes from a short story titled "The Fifteen-Dollar Eagle" by Sylvia Plath. 
"You've got a rose on the heart, an eagle in the muscle, you've got the sweet Jesus Himself, so come into me. Wear your heart on your skin in this life."
If you couldn't tell, the story does revolve around tattoos and a woman's experience watching a tattoo artist at work. I won't reveal too much. Go out and read it! Anyways, whether you approve of tattoos or not, for this entry consider them a form of expression ---

Imagine you are going to get a tattoo, and you want it to be something that really expresses who you are. It has to have a very deep meaning to be put permanently on your body, so what do you choose (and why)? Where would you put it? Would you show it off to other people, or keep it to yourself where no one can see it?

Good luck and best writing!

~Cookie

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey amos, I like what you are doing here, it is pretty creative and I like your purpose. Hence, I will add you to a small blog list I'm forming in my site, hopefully it will be beneficial to you =].

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree

    ReplyDelete