Sunday, June 14, 2009

Make a Joyful Noise

Often times, when we can't find the words to express how we are feeling, we find the perfect song that fits our mood. That's why music is so enjoyable. If it's good, we identify with it. Years ago, I created a mix cd of songs that would be on the soundtrack if my life were a movie. Every few years I update it, and those are probably my favorite cds to listen to. They really take me back to the state of mind I was in when I made them. 

What song would currently express how you are feeling? What draws you to this song? Be sure to include some or all of the lyrics. Then, take the time to consider what songs would be on your soundtrack to your life, even if you can't make the actual cd. Here are some suggested scenes (You are in no way limited to just these because they might not all apply. Go on and make your own up!):

-Opening Credits:

-Waking Up:

-Falling In Love:

-Fight Scene:

-Breaking Up:

-Make Up:

-Secret Love:

-Life's OK:

-Mental Breakdown:

-Driving Scene:

-Flashback:

-Happy Dance:

-Regretting:

-Long Night Alone:

-Final Battle:

-Death Scene:

-Final Ending:

-End Credits:


Good luck and best writing!

~Cookie


2 comments:

  1. You are so amazing. How do you come up with all these writing suggestions? I am so glad you started this blog. You are an inspiration to me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you so much! Most of them are just ones I've pulled out of old journals I've used. Others are ones that come when I get inspired by something during the day that I think would make a good topic to write about. Thank you for being such a big supporter! It really makes me feel good about my blog.

    ReplyDelete