Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Beautiful Reminders

In my personal life, I have come to associate hummingbirds with my grandfather. When I was a child, our favorite hobby was to sit on a glider rocker outside and watch the hummingbirds come to sip from the feeders on the front porch. After his death, whenever I have been sick, depressed, or in any need of reassurance, somehow, in some form or another, a hummingbird will appear, whether the real bird shows up or just images. It is very strange because normally it happens in very odd places where you wouldn't expect to find anything hummingbird-related. It does make me feel like he is still there watching over me, reminding me of our hummingbirds. This leads me to ask:

After a loved one has passed, have you had any occurances where you can still feel his/her presence? Do you have a certain object, smell, song, etc. that was special between the two of you that still serves as a reminder of your loved one? How does it make you feel when you encounter that reminder?


Good luck and best writing!


~Cookie

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful animal to connect with the memory of your grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! If I had to pick a favorite animal, I'd have to say the hummingbird because they are so beautiful and special to me.

    ReplyDelete