Thursday, June 11, 2009

Awards! Huzzah!


I was very honored to receive this award from Rae at Weather Vane. She is an absolutely wonderful woman whose blog I can't get enough of. She also brightens my day with comments to my blog that let me know that I really am accomplishing what I set out to do here on blogger. Please be sure to visit her blog.

Now, on to the award!

Here are the STEPS of this Award:

(1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

(2) Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

(3) Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

(4) Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

(5) Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

(6) Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

(7) Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.


My nominations for this award are:

1. Eddie and Brian @ Wacky News and Media

This blog keeps me laughing daily with entertaining news stories. It's definitely a pick me up!

2.  LoveLove @ Lust Heptagon
Following her love-life is far more interesting than soap operas!

Self-explanatory title, but I really like the originality of this idea. Worth checking out!

4. Natalie @ Goodnight Indigo
Her writing/poetry leaves me in awe. This girl has quite a career ahead of her.

A personal blog that is just so fun to read! I like her style and look forward to following her.

6. PotterLover @ C'est La Vie
Another personal blog I enjoy reading, plus I have to give her mad props for being a HP fan.

A lovely personal blog on a variety of topics that I really enjoy following. 


7 Interesting Facts about Me
1. I have been with the love of my life for nearly two years now, and we got engaged last summer. 
2. I'm an English major with absolutely no intent to teach. I don't understand why people expect you to teach if you get your degree in English, but I would much rather go into publishing and editing. Although I'm not always perfect, I'm typically a strict grammar nazi! :)
3. Most all of my free time I spend reading.  I have a bad habit of reading many books at one time and also of buying large amounts of books to read before I've finished with the ones currently being read. 
4. I've had both my art and my writings published before, but none of it was work I was overly proud of. I know I'm capable of much better.
5. Not only do I love to read, write, draw/paint - I'm also a seamstress! Costume design is my favorite, but I've been known to sew items for my everyday wardrobe. 
6. My musical tastes can't be narrowed down to one genre. You'll find me listening to anything between Motley Crue to Frank Sinatra. 
7. My favorite places to go shopping? Flea markets and thrift stores. I'm not really your average girl.


Don't worry...next post, we're back to the journal topics!
~Cookie


6 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel so honored! This made my whole day, probably my week. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so touched! :)
    Thank you so much, this has really really brightened my day...just what I needed when I'm up to my eyeballs iin Biology revision! :)
    I have an exam to rush off to but when I come back I'm going to finish reading your other posts on your journal topics...I'm slipping behind with reading people's blogs atm cos of this revision, it's driving me insaaaane!!
    I have complete faith in you getting very far in your career too, and you fully deserve it.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so nice. I'm so glad that I found your blog. Good luck with your revision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This for sure made my day! Thank you :) I get a lot of ideas for my personal journal writing from your blog so thank YOU for that!! Keep it up I enjoy reading your stuff. HP LOVEEEEE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome! Glad it made your day!

    ReplyDelete