Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Secrets in Words

Everyone keeps secrets. Big, small, significant or not - they are still secrets. These are things that you don't go blurting out to everyone in the world because there's probably somebody you don't want to know these things about you. Maybe your secrets are just things that you are having trouble admitting to yourself. Whatever your secrets are, you're about to discover a deeper meaning behind them.

Write down six secrets you are currently keeping. From those six secrets, pick just ONE word from each and write those down directly below the secrets. Below that, for each word you picked, describe what that word alone means to you and how it makes you feel when you hear it. 

I'll give you one example of how this should look:

1. For the first time in my life, I'm truly jealous of my sister.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

1. Jealous
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

1. Jealous - Ew. I hate this feeling. It means I'm not happy with the things I have. I'm ungrateful. Although it doesn't pop up often in my life, when it does, it makes me feel childish, like I'm a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum because I can't have what I want. It makes me feel foolish. 
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.


See how that works? Go on, get started!

Good luck and best writing!

~Cookie

2 comments:

  1. You have such a unique blog:)
    and I love this secret idea

    I'm going to use this to help me get over my writer's block......

    ReplyDelete