Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Title: Title: Title:

Whenever I am nearing the end of the blank pages left in my journal, I look back at the past entries and reflect. It's amazing to see the amount of personal growth that these pages contain. It is at this time when I am reflecting, that I declare a title for my journal. Every good journal deserves a name. My handy-dandy leather bound journal, for instance, I've decided to call "Down the Rabbit Hole" (I adore Alice in Wonderland, and this journal has contained quite a bit of madness).

Review your journal entries in search of a common theme. What would you title your journal? Where does that title come from, and what does it reflect about the entries inside? Think of your journal as a book - what illustration would be on the cover? Do you think if it was on a shelf in a bookstore, someone would want to purchase it based on the cover/title (I know it's said to never judge a book by its cover, but we all literally do it sometimes!). What other titles would you consider for your journal? 

Good luck and best writing!

~Cookie

1 comment:

  1. I don't keep a journal but I keep a calendar with everyday notes. I love to look back over them and reflect on that has happened. I still have the last five years worth of calendars. Maybe I should give each year a name.

    ReplyDelete