Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Share the Love

Even on my worst days, I still feel the need to spread a little goodness - you know, show a little love. It can be done in a variety of ways. While I'm thinking about it, this is a great time to introduce you to a blog I follow, Brett's Good Deed of the Day. Same principle as what I'm discussing here. Some days I'll leave a little bit extra in a tip to a hard-working waitress, or give a few extra treats to my doggies when they give me that irresistibly cute look, or even give up whatever important work I'm doing to just listen to a friend that needs someone to lean on. 

How have you shown a little love today? Do you do things like this often? How does it make you feel about yourself? How do you think it makes those on the receiving end feel? 

Good luck and best writing!

~Cookie

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the plug; it means a lot :-)

    i've only recently realized the power an audience has on my motivation to keep blogging, and so i thank you for the encouragement! know that i'm lurking around here now too ;-)

    also, if you (or anyone) ever wants to be a 'guest deeder' i'd be happy to have you. just something to keep in mind! cheers,

    -brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Twitter, I learned about a young mum of 2 tots who needs a kidney transplant. Vicky's birthday is Aug 4, so I'm hosting a Tweetparty on Aug 4 to try to find her a living donor and raise funds to help pay her medical bills. Please join me on Aug 4th and bring lot's of friends. See Vicky Corbett's donation page on NTAF. Let's help this young mum! See me on Twitter as YrHelper or Facebook as YrHelper Infonut.

    ReplyDelete