Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fear & Hope

I find it very sad that I can never find an uplifting story in the news. I believe that it is my responsibility to stay up to date with what is happening in the world, but it gets so depressing sometimes. Politics, death, disease - it's a little too much sometimes. On the rare occasion that I do happen upon a genuine news story that brings a shining ray of hope, I cherish it.  Even seeing people doing their part to make a better impact on the world instead of a worse one is something grand to me. 

Consider what the world is like today, and be sure to think about both the good and the bad aspects. Now, what are five things about this current world that frighten you? What are five that give you hope? If the world were to continue on its current track, what do you see happening in the future? Where do you see yourself in that future world?

Good luck and best writing!

~Cookie

5 comments:

  1. This another excellent thought provoking post. In a sense I already wrote my thoughts on this subject in my blog post today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The future is so uncertain it always causes us to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, really?? How do you make yours?? I once tried to make it but the sauce wasn't as tasty as those from the damn restaurants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the world were to continue on its current track, what do you see happening in the future?

    i see it increasingly diffituclt to come up with five hopeful moments, and increasingly easier to come up with the fearful ones.

    ha is this too pessimistic? apologies, just spend the last hour reading the news :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't say it's too pessimistic, just honest! I had the exact same feeling when I was writing this one.

    ReplyDelete